Real estate builders should use internet in such a way that they portray higher transparency & professionalism. In this blog entry we are trying to list down latest internet trends and how can real estate developers & consultants use them for overall business benefits:
Brand building and promotion on the web is about:
- Dialogue: Don’t announce, Let people(consultants, buyers, partners) express themselves more openly and talk to them
- Making customer part of the progress: Keeping customers informed about finer details of the product/service and make them part of the progress.
- Being transparent: Don’t hide, tell them everything they should know even if it’s lack of funds. Everybody admire honesty and it always pays long term dividends.
- Connecting customers to each other: They can talk to each other and take collective decisions
- Using all kind of media tools like video, images, digital characters
Tools for achieving this:
- Blog for every under-construction building: Monthly or weekly posting monitoring regular progress of the construction, challenges faced, material used, labor care, no human rights violations, no environment hazards etc. This will ensure your existing customers are satisfied and future customers will get impressed with transparency maintained. Blog can be supported by Videos & Images.
- Blog for developments happening around a under construction building:Value of Residential/commercial constructions depends on ecology around it. A blog, constantly talking about the happening around construction and how all this development will impact living/business, this will create customer confidence.
Create an online community were the people who have registered for a project can connect with each other, helping them know each other well before moving in. New buyers can also get required information from the community member. The Community will help you in knowing about your customers requirements, expectations etc.
Innovative marketing campaigns:
Friendship & referral methods have become so easy on the web that if you are running an innovative campaign you can reach to global audience in a very quick time & in very little money.
Example: House to Home Contest : Here couples would be invited to write on what all they can do to make the house (they are going to buy) a home. Then they will ask their friends & family around the world to vote. Top three people with most number of votes will get some prize money.
- Micro site for every apartment comprising features like discussion forum, community, content submission by users etc
- Using Youtube, Orkut, Facebook, Flicker and other media sharing sites for showcasing your property
- Innovative use of Google map so that buyers get a holistic view about the property.