Summary: Having Advertisement on YouTube has become more or less essential for every product to get discovered in the current scenario where people engage more over the internet rather than other platforms where any product can be advertised. This article focuses on the ways and manners in which one can manage to advertise their product on YouTube and get success in selling their products and capturing the market.
There is no doubt saying that YouTube has now become synonymous to online video hosting web portal, but the question arises to how use this second largest search engine to market your product or institution. There are several ways of doing that but let us discuss how you can use paid advertisements on YouTube which can help you to connect with the target audience and promote your brand.
To promote your videos or commercials on YouTube, just follow these simple steps and showcase your product to them.
Understand the Difference Between Commercial and Content
Although it’s very basic, but you need to understand the thin line between commercial and content. A content which gives value, connects emotionally and is relevant to the user becomes a commercial. Generally, people do not see commercials, they see what’s interesting and sometimes it is a commercial/ad.
Step 1: Create your commercial
Once you understand the very basics of a commercial/ad, all you need is to plan and create your commercial. Here are some of the tips which you can use to make your commercial a good one:
- Create an advertisement which people choose to watch. Have a look on the ongoing advertisements and the trends which are trending on the charts of the online web.
- People always watch the whole commercial if they find it interesting in the first 5 seconds. So, always remember to make your advertisement interesting from the first frame only.
- You can always have Welcome Videos introducing your brand/institution, How to Videos which can help the customer how to perform certain tasks which they find difficult or you can have Customer Videos/Testimonials which can engage the audience and give them an empathetic feel.
Step 2: Create your Google/YouTube account and connect with Google Adwords
All you need now is to create your Google account and link with Google Adwords account. This will lead you to create your own YouTube channel, where you can upload your videos/ads.
Google Adwords is a self – serve Ad Platform where you can upload your advertisements, customize your advertisement, filter the audience to connect to your target audience and create your own budget.
Step 3: Create your own Campaign on Google Adwords
Since your Google Adwords account is created, now you need to create your campaign on Google Adwords. Give a name to your campaign which would be only for your own. Then choose the type of the campaign type. This depends totally on you and your marketing strategy on how much do you want to spend on your advertising campaign, for how long you need to run your ads/campaign on the web and on which all platforms do you wish Google to put your ads on.
There are three types of campaigns options provided by Google, since we are talking about YouTube, It gives you an option to advertise through video advertisements as well as images or text also. For this type of advertisement, you need to choose is Display Network Only option; which will let you video commercial to go online.
Step 4: Add Filters for your Commercial
Google provides you with various filters which let you customize your target audience so that your information reaches to the right door.
- Location – You can create your own target audience group for your commercial by selecting the location where you want to advertise; here you can either select all countries and continents or you can have various countries or continents where your advertisements would be displayed.
- Language – Select the various languages which will filter your audience. In other words, you are filtering your target audience on the basis of their ethnicity.
- Networks – It would be by default Google Display Only Network. There is no need to change that.
- Devices – This is the feature which let you choose on what all devices where YouTube runs, you need to display your ad on. By default it is always All Devices but still, you have the option to change it as per your product/ad.
Step 5: Create your Bid Strategy
The next step is to create your Bid strategy, where you need to select Let Google manage it option and fill your daily budget. This option will let Google decide the way it will cater to your needs and requirements within your budget.
One thing you must remember while making your daily budget is your target audience and the tenure of your campaign. The longer your campaign needs to run, your average daily budget will change accordingly.
Step 6: Add Extensions to your Commercials
You have another option here to gain quick responses from your customers. There are three types of extensions given by Google as an additional feature which you can add to your commercial. You can extend your ads by adding locations, your site links/URL or your phone number which can enable your user to directly find your location, access to your website or call you via your commercial only.
Step 7: Create your Ad Group
The next step is to create your own Ad Group, adding all the videos which you want to be the part of the campaign and then give proper descriptions to all of them. These descriptions would be the headline of your commercials and the description will always be followed with your commercials on the website.
Step 8: Add Keywords for your Commercial
This is the most important step where you need to add keywords from which you think will make your ad visible. All you need is to surf through the net a bit more and find out the trending works, hash tags or keywords which are being surfed the most and relate to your ad.
Step 9: Measure and Maintain
Since your campaign is all set and active, what you need now is to measure your audience. There are several ways of doing that but the best way of doing that is through Google Analytics. It goes very simple, all you need is to link your account with Google Analytics and then get started with it. Although it’s very simple but it is a different guide altogether.
Conclusion: These nine steps will guide you to overcome all the hurdles that come across your way in the creation, posting and exhibition of your advertisement or your commercial on YouTube and other platforms associated with Google.