Before starting with the comparison ( Appsflyer vs Branch ) , let’s take a quick look at each one individually :
Appsflyer is one of the primary Mobile Measurement Partners (MMP) and it can be effectively used to grow the app business because of its detailed features and detailed raw report and effective data interpretation.
Appsflyer can help in improving app acquisition and retention. It can be very useful for acquisition, promotions and retention teams.
Benefits of using Appsflyer
- Fraud protection: This tool is very helpful in source analysis and helps filter the top funnel well. The user can remove all irrelevant sources from targeting.
- Attribution: It is well built and the deep level integration helps in getting the data segmented in an oriented manner.
- Story-telling: It does particularly well at telling the stories on the industry landscape, identifying the areas of opportunity for the brand to grow based on the depth and breadth of their experience in mobile.
- Customer Service: Teams at Appsflyer offer the best in class customer service. The account managers at Appsflyer are knowledgeable, bright, invested, responsive, and a pleasure to work with.
Drawbacks of using Appsflyer
- The AppsFlyer dashboards with their default template are not as easy to grasp and require a lot of transforming and analyzing the data for useful actionable insights. It can, of course, be customized, but at an incremental cost.
- Fetching the reports can take much longer than expected.
Return on Investment
Visibility into the engagement and what engagement behaviors lead to the purchase. Reporting beyond the install, on purchases. Resulting in more profitable campaigns. Visibility into install quality, with metrics like loyal users.
The branch is used by various departments, for addressing the problems – click tracking, sale attribution, user funnel optimization, and referrals.
Benefits of using Branch
- Click tracking: Branch integrates well with Google, Facebook, Clevertap, product, etc. and allows multiple users to use this one platform for tracking.
- Sale attribution: Branch has the event deduplication in place to aspect sales correctly.
- Smart URL: Branch offers distinctive deeplinks to support the user platforms, thus making URL behavior personalized and smart for users.
- Referrals: Branch is a built-in platform to easily launch the refer and earn program.
- Social sharing: Branch offers a variety of cards for how a link will appear on any social media channel, which particularly helps marketing teams.
- All in one: The user could integrate CRM as part of the tool, which ensures marketers only need one tool for all their needs.
Drawbacks of using Branch
- Branch uses the last touch attribution method. It would be extremely useful if the users are able to change this setting or view the data between different attribution models(first click, linear, time decay, etc).
- Running totals for attrition rate and daily active users (DAU) is a huge miss for Branch
Why should you choose Branch?
It can help in improving sales attribution, which allows the user to spend on more effective channels and decrease spends on less effective channels.
Branch links are ideal for embedding into a user’s email service provider, organic media, paid media channels, and push notification platform to be able to evaluate the actions taken from users who clicked on those branch links. The Links are accurate and can be easily exported to a CRM/Database to determine ROI and find the weak points in major funnels.
Conclusion ( Appsflyer vs Branch )
The easier dashboard for branch helps in depicting and analyzing the attribution , whereas if you have a dedicated team for the attributes you can go for Appsflyer with a complex dashboard that helps in solving the purpose .